06 February 2015

A RATHER BRILLIANT WEEKEND


I'm currently suffering from the "holiday blues". You know the feeling of returning from a place and instantly want to head back? I've spoken about it before (here) when I talk about my desperate wish to head back to New York (hopefully this year or next I'll make it happen!). So yep, that's me today and it's also how I've been feeling since last Sunday afternoon. 

Last Friday I headed up to London for the a pre-birthday weekend of visiting my grandparents, celebrations, meeting new people and to run the Winter 10k. It was one of the best weekends ever. I met so many amazing people and was seriously inspired throughout the weekend. It all start on the Friday...

Friday 30th January
My alarm went of around 5:30am and after a bit of a delay I was out for a quick morning run (the only time of the day I knew I'd have free for my run streak!). I boarded a train just before 8am and spent the next three and a half hours travelling to Paddington station in London. Once I arrived I quickly hotfooted my way across to Euston station where I arrived a Barry's Bootcamp (full report coming soon!). The journey from station to Barry's took slightly longer than it should have as I ended up walking round in a circle twice before being greeted by it's rather pretty exterior. I'd planned to arrive early to my 12:30pm class as I'd never experience Barry's before. An hour later and I emerged incredibly happy and ready for the rest of the day. I showered, got ready and then proceceded to have a frantic dash around Euston station to look for a snack to eat. Side note: if you're doing a Barry's class make sure to have a post workout shake, I really wish I had!

Back on the tube I headed to Old Street to check out the Lexie Sport fitness hub, a pop up which was ending that Saturday. I got to meet the lovely Lily and handed her a batch of my Cocoa, Cashew & Date snack balls to keep the team and instructors going! I then met up with the lovely Cam and Alex from Fashercise for a catch up over coffee and cuddles with the adorable Bailey.

I headed to my grandparents for a cup of tea (and one too many biscuits) c before a Shepard's pie was devoured. A bit of relaxation by the TV (I may have also consumed a Cornetto) and it was soon time for bed.

Saturday 31st January
After initially setting my alarm from 6:30am to head out for a run I decided to wait until it started to lighten up a bit more before heading out on Hampstead Heath. My morning run turned into a bit of an ice skating session as the paths were a lot more slippery than I was expecting. Side note: Parliament Hill covered in ice is a bit of a mission to run up, whilst trying not to fall on your face. With a short run completed I was home for a quick bit of breakfast before heading out the door to meet the delightful Charlie for a catch up and an exercise class back at the Lexie hub. 45 minutes later, with a severely reddened face & post H.I.T.T class, we made our way to Shoreditch Grind for a long catch up over brunch and coffee. We took some photos for Charlie's blog, boarded a train and met Ashley in Notting Hill. All too soon I had to part from Charlie and Ashley (soon to be reunited the next day) as we went separate ways and I was off to meet, a different, Charlie for cake (something which I had been extremely looking forward to for a while!). Charlie and I have been chatting online for a while and I have named her as the cake connoisseur. We planned to meet for the first time over a spot of cake and to have a good old catch up in person. The setting for this meeting was Drink Shop & Do. The cake was AMAZING and I HIGHLY recommend a visit. I'm very much looking forward to more cake and running adventures with both Charlies in October.

I was then off back home to a delicious special birthday meal that was a delight. A couple of hours later and I drifted off to sleep.

Sunday 1st February
A brand new day of the month marked Winter Run day!! As I didn't have a huge journey that morning it was a later and more relaxed breakfast with my grandparents. A change into my running kit for the day and I was off to Embankment station! I have a full race recap up about the race, so if you want to know a bit more check that out! After the run it was time to head to Bill's for brunch. It was Leah's last run before she sets off for travels and a wedding! I got to meet so many people I've been speaking to online for a while now and there was a lot to talk about. I finally got to meet Leah who was lovely and full of energy. Plus I got to chat a lot with Caraas well as others including Harry, Lissy and Steph. As I said goodbye to everyone I wished I could live in London so that I could spend more time meeting and chatting to all these fantastic people. 

A couple of hours of chat back at my grandparents and the time came all too soon for me to head home back to Cornwall. A short wait at Paddington and the journey home began...

I think this post pretty much contains everything I did that weekend. I'm hoping I haven't missed anything out! I had an amazing time, met so many awesome people and it was lovely to catch up with people I've met a couple of times now including Charlie

A big thank you to each and every single person I met over the course of those 3 days. It was amazing and I can't wait to see you all again! Hopefully in the not too distance future!

1 comment:

  1. So nice to meet you, wow you are a busy bee, do you ever rest? Looking forward to our next meet x

    ReplyDelete