25 March 2014

1/2 MARATHON UPDATE #1




With less than 40 days now until I run my first 1/2 marathon I thought I'd finally do an update post. As mentioned in my initial post on it, I love running and sports. I always have. So when I signed up for a 1/2 marathon I knew that it would take a far bit of training in order to get myself ready for the 13 mile race.

In the first couple of weeks I probably didn't train as much as I should have but in more recent weeks I've started to pick up the training slightly and I'm slowly building my long runs at the weekend in order to prepare myself for the final run. Alongside my training I also decided that I wanted to start a run streak; running at least 1 mile a day, inspired by Amy Lawerson (Associate Health and Beauty Editor for ELLE magazine) and the whole of the ELLE running club. On the 4th March I began my streak and as of this post going up (25th March) I'm still sticking at it with 22 days now ticked off.

I'm pleased with my pace at the moment around (10 minutes/pm) so I'll be pleased if that is my pace on race day. I think I'll do one more update before the actual race and I'll be sure to do a post about it once I've completed it!
If you have any tips send them my way! Have you run/or planned to run a half marathon?