03 June 2014

WARNER BROS. STUDIO TOUR #2












This is my second post all about the Warner Bros. Studio Tour - Harry Potter, make to check the first one out if you haven't already. 

Split across two sound stages, the second sound stage contains a lot more of a behind the scenes into the way things were created for the movies. You get the chance to look at models, prosthetics, animatronics and so much more. One of my favourite things to look at were the blue prints from the art/design department. Hundreds of blue prints were created for a whole range of items for the movies. Some of them are shown on the walls such as blue prints for bridges, sets and even some showing designs for broomsticks. This was one of the highlights for me from the tour as it shows just the incredible amount of detail that goes into every aspect of creating a piece for the film.

The other thing that blew me away was the final section of the tour, getting to see Hogwarts Castle itself. The amount of detail on this model is absolutely incredible. I can't put into words just how spectacular this model really is. The fact that I was standing in front of thee Hogwarts Castle was a pretty amazing experience. Not only that but also the idea that you can just imagine the amount of time, effort and dedication that people put into creating such a huge model is something pretty amazing. For me, this was one of the most interesting sections of the tour. Included in this room were screens allowing you a closer look at the castle, and all the tiny details that are included, as well as videos showing how it was used for filming during the movies.

If you're a die-hard fan of the series or just wanting to take a behind the scenes look at one of the biggest movie franchises, then I'd recommend looking into these studio tours.
Let me know if you've been before and your thoughts or if you're planning on going at all. I'd also love to know - if you could take a look behind the scenes at any movie out there, which one would it be? Feel free to tweet me @afloralcrown to let me know!