02 December 2014

SIMPLE BANANA AND OAT TREATS




Looking for a super simple and easy snack that's made from two ingredients and really tasty?! This is it. Recipes like this have been circulating around Instagram and blogs for a while now so I'm definitely not claiming this as something I've invented. I just love these a lot that I couldn't not share them as part of this month's series!

So here's what you need:
- 1 medium banana
- 1 cup of oats

Preheat the oven to gas mark 4. Mash your banana with a fork until a puree is formed and the lumps are removed then simply add the oats a little at a time until your mixture is somewhat stiff and easy to mould. Form into cookie shapes and place onto a line baking tray. Bake for around 10-15 minutes until they are set and browning on the outside, then transfer to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container or they can also be frozen to eat at a later date!

This is a seriously adaptable recipe. Here are just some ideas of what you can add to them:
- Raisins
- Cranberries
- Chocolate chips (or cacoa nibs for a raw option)
- Cocoa/Cacoa powder to make them chocolate treats
- Seeds and nuts
- Nutella

Let me know if you've given these oat treats a go or tweet me @afloralcrown.

I'm posting everyday as part of my 24 days of Christmas Fitness. Make sure to check back each day for a new post all the way up until Christmas Day!