13 June 2013

NIKE + RUNNING



I recently mentioned this in my lastest Discovered this week and thought I would do a separate post on it and go into a bit more detail. This app uses your phones GPS to track the route and measure the distance that you've run, as well as letting you know your pace and compare your results to others. You can log in via Facebook or create an account. You simply enter your height, weight, gender and age. Once that's all done you're ready to run! To start your run click the run button and select the style of run you want to choose. Set the location (indoors or outdoors), your music playlist and then the orientation your iPhone will be at. Once that's done you can begin! As you run it will call out every K as well as the pace you are going at which I find really motivates me and pushes me to finish.

The other thing I love about this app is the fact it can sync with the Nike + website. This means that you can view your pace, routes and distance in greater detail when you get back, as well as seeing what other people similar to you have been doing. You can also set goals to motivate you to running more, as well as setting run reminders from your phone.

I'd really recommend giving this app a go if you're interested and seeing as it's free there's nothing to hold you back! It's available on both the App Store and Google Play so it's worth taking another look at.
Thanks for reading!