08 October 2013

COVENT GARDEN









I really enjoy taking photographs and documenting days out or places I've visited. As I now live in London I really wanted to start a new series doing posts documenting places I visit or things I've seen whilst around the city. I hope you enjoy these posts as much as I know I'll enjoy visiting the places and taking the photos!

First up Covent Garden! A well known and popular shopping and tourist attraction, Covent Garden is a place worth visiting whilst you're in London. With a mix of food, shops and culture there is plenty to see.
Theatres nearby include the Theatre Royal Drury Lane, currently showing Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and the Lycuem Theatre, where The Lion King is shown. So if you fancy seeing a show, it's worth visiting Covent Garden for a bite to eat before or after you catch a performance. Other attractions around the area include the London Transport Museum and the Royal Opera House.

In terms of food there are plenty of restaurants and places to eat to choose from. For those with a sweet tooth I'd recommend grabbing a Ben's Cookie or a Crème de la Crêpe. If you fancy a more savory affair then Jamie Oliver's Union Jacks is great for a place to sit down and eat. When looking for something a bit quicker and for on the go you can try one of the many foods created in the lower courtyard areas such as the huge paella served just outside Sass & Belle.

Not only is there shops and restaurants to keep you occupied but Covent Garden is known for having street artists so make sure you check those out. For the best experience of seeing these street performers I'd recommend heading down at the weekend as there is a greater variety of acts.

Covent Garden isn't just the main market area and courtyards it spreads a bit further a field, so make sure to have a good look around all the back streets to find some hidden shops when you visit!
Nearest tube station : Covent Garden.

I hope you enjoyed this post and thanks for reading!