29 October 2013

NFL FAN RALLY









Last Saturday I headed down to Trafalgar Square to check out the NFL Fan Rally that was being held that day. The rally was a gathering of NFL fans to celebrate the international game that was being held the following day between the San Francisco 49ers and the Jacksonville Jaguars. A similar event for another international match had been held earlier in the month in Regents Street. There were performances from both drumlines as well as performances from the Jacksonville cheerleaders and the All star cheerleaders. Not only were there the performances but there were also interviews with the NFL commissioner, members of the participating teams and ever talks with NFL legends.

The atmosphere was great from both the crowd and the venue and I'm so glad I went down for a nearly the whole thing. Mini american footballs were thrown occasionally into the crowd, although I sadly didn't manage to get one! It wasn't just the performances on stage that were going on there was also a lot of things situated around Trafalgar Square. There was a a chance to see the Vince Lombardi trophy, dunk some footballs, play the official EA game and more. There was also the chance to buy merchandise at the official NFL and New Era shops. Some rather delicious pulled pork burgers were on offer along with other refreshments.

Overall it was a brilliant couple of hours and definitely something I'd love to go see again. Despite the rain, I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I'm hoping next year that I can get tickets for one of the three internationals being held in London as I'd really love to see an American football game being played live, but if not I will definitely be going to the fan rallies!